top of page
Date
Name
Affiliation
Other Observers
Instrument
Hrs Observed
Hrs Lost
Reason
Observing Program
04/09/2022
Yong Sheng
Clemson University
Dieter Hartmann
RM grizR HAlpha
11
0
Equipment Failure
Clemson Blazar study. The telescope reached the limit and couldn't slew. But it was fixed later.
04/08/2022
Martha Leake
Valdosta State University
none
Andor
9
0
No problems to report
All worked well. I did a quick restart near midnight UT and a dome azimuth restart; otherwise the dome worked and observing went smoothly. Not much dust; in the "green" all night.
04/08/2022
Brian
Butler
Students
Andor
8
1
Software/Control PC Issues
Globular cluster photometry. Problem encountered: Main Focus was not responding ... Solution: Reboot ACE cabinet. Problem encountered: Dome not moving ... Solution: Do an Azimuth reset per instructions on the desktop. (And waiting 2 minutes.) Dome opened and closed with no issue.
04/06/2022
William Keel
University of Alabama
not even time for cats to arrive
Andor CCD
0
9
Equipment Failure
Tried opening dome per Brian Murphy's note ,and it stuck slightly open. With Peter and Brian at ACE, decided to wrangle it closed and leave it there for safety.
04/04/2022
Todd Hillwig
Valparaiso University
None.
Andor CCD
0
10
Clouds
None.
04/03/2022
Michael Fauerbach
FGCU
NA
CCD
0
9
Clouds
Never opened. Clouds, high humidity, temperature around freezing.
04/02/2022
Michael Fauerbach
FGCU
NA
CCD
0.1
9
Clouds
Clouds and high humidity early on. Around 0100UT sky was clear and humidity had dropped to acceptable levels. I noticed other observatories had opened, so I opened up, too. Before I was able to focus the scope, humidity rose again and I had to close. Was open for about 5 minutes.
03/26/2022
Martha A. Leake
Valdosta State University
none
Andor
0
12
Equipment Failure
Dome problems shutdown. Also today, high humidity and rain. Will not open.
03/24/2022
Alex
Clemson University
Dieter
Andor CCD
0
12
Equipment Failure
JKT Shutdown due to dome issue
03/22/2022
Roi Alonso
IAC
Lisa Altinier
CCD
0
9
Humidity
High humidity and temperatures bellow 0 C, with risk of ice. We did not open.
03/15/2022
Ted von Hippel
ERAU
none
imaging
0
12
Other
The dome was iced over so no one would have been able to observe anyway. That having been said, because of the dome shutter problem I tried to give the night away.
03/14/2022
Roi Alonso
IAC
none
CCD
0
9
Snow
Bad weather, ICE (whenever the weather improves, please confirm it is safe to open the dome!, e.g., checking if other telescopes at the observatory are opening their domes)
bottom of page